[Word of the Week]
Grey is my favourite colour, I felt so symbolic yesterday. If I knew Picasso I would buy myself a grey guitar and play...
I ought to explain a little about myself I suppose. I'm fast chockering through my 26th year, a human female 5'4" tall and I live in a city in the UK. That's about as specific as I'm going to get. My name is not Enjr - she was a roleplay character of mine of which I was especially fond; she also had a name so awkwardly spelt that no one else on Tripod had anything like it. My friends sometimes call me Rain or Willow: I like Rain best as it is my favourite type of weather. It makes such a beautiful sound and washes the world clean again.
I have many interests, hobbies, loves and hates and as is seemingly tradition on the internet, I think I'll divulge a few to you. Obviously, you don't have to read this page but it might give you an idea of what is truly going on on this site.
Recent Stuff in My Life:
- Ain't it just a bitch, what a pain, well it's all a crying shame. What's left to do, but complain, you'd better find someone to blame.
Back to the top
- Why you want to know even more about me? Still, as a wise man once said: Ours not to reason why, and so I shall tell you some more specific stuff about myself then.
- I used to have a bit of a love-hate relationship with bananas: during my first course at university one of my lecturers used them as a generic mathematical variable and that was where it all began. If he had only believed in using x we would have been alright but Flakes and I became obsessed and with that obsession came a price... I think I've paid it now, though. You're the one who has to suffer the fruits of my spent obsession now! MWA HA HA!
I managed to finish University in 2000, getting a Masters Degree in Astrophysics, no less. This is especially pleasing as physics and maths, which make up the vast bulk of the course, are far from my strongest subjects. Then for some crazy reason I went back to uni and did a BA in Ancient History and Archaeology, and am now doing a Masters in the same. It's great, and I love it, and what's better is that although I have to work to support myself, I love my job as well!
- What, no picture? Look again
For a long while there wasn't a picture of me on this site… but then there was this cool photo of four of us together, so I had to put it up. I'm not telling you where it is, though. for those of you who are experienced Internet surfers, I ought to warn you beforehand that the picture has me posing with ALL MY CLOTHES ON. Believe me, it's much, much better that way.
- Why make yet another cheesy website?
Good question. I guess I just want to contribute towards the overall cheese level on the web. I also had managed to collect a huge quantity of Star Wars and LOTR stuff and wanted to print it up in someway rather than e-mail it to all my friends, and I wanted to make a web page for my roleplay campaign, to give the players something to look at and keep up-to-date with. Alas, neither thing has really worked as no one looks at this site, not even the people it was intended for most of the time.
I have many, many interests, from playing the guitar, to buying books, to writing...
I do quite a lot of roleplaying - mostly D&D now - I really enjoy it, as you can probably tell from the rest of this site. I also play a lot of other games, such as LOTR and Fluxx. The playstation and SNES are the only consoles I have, for which I have a few games. I like Spyro a lot, as it is very therapeutic flaming and gliding, I like puzzle games like Bust-A-Move 2 although I've completed it now. I get a bit obsessive about games from time to time, but don't get the time to play them much - at the moment I'm playing Jak and Daxter. I guess I'm not very 'normal' but I don't exactly mind. I do partake of the usual activities of people of my age - clubbing, pubbing and the like, but I'm not the crazy animal I was in my youth. Old age has mellowed me.
I really loved the Extended Edition of The Return of the King - I loved the whole trilogy and might only tweek them here and there if I had to... if things were different - i.e. if everyone wasn't doing LOTR stuff at the moment, then I would have a sensible space dedicated to it here. However, since if I do I would simply become part of an almost mainstream web fetish, I'm not going to. But suffice it to say Aragorn rocks - he always has, he always will.
...and for you girls out there, mmmmm Faramir covered in oil....
I'm writing a novel at the moment, but not doing very well on the churning it out front thanks to the rigours of uni and working - doesn't leave a lot of time for other things. I'm on chapter 19 of about 24, though, and know what's going to happen... just need to get some agent to like it as much as I do now! So far, not much luck on that front.
I'm a huge cinema-goer and try and see all the good films when they come out. I like films with a little action and a lot of thinking, such as the Usual Suspects and Fight Club, which are incredible works. I also enjoy things like The Phantom Menace and Mystery Men, but prefer thinkier films on the whole, like Memento and Traffic.
I don't watch much TV but I like stuff like Stargate, Buffy, Red Dwarf and Babylon 5. Good, thinky TV shows with good character development and a dash of humour. There's more about this stuff elsewhere in this webshite. Soaps don't do much for me, although I find myself sucked into quiz shows - it's like a fly to flypaper. It's terrible. Still, I'm not too bad at them so maybe if I practice enough I can go on one and win myself some money to relieve my poverty.
- I love music, but can't begin to describe what - I'm more of a songs person than a band person. That said, I'm a big Foo Fighters and Counting Crows fan, and think it's cool that both have recently hit the limelight, in Britain at least.
- I have several alternate (and fictional) personalities, all of whom can handle a sword a lot better than me, have a tendency to hang about with fellow homicidal maniacs and spend large amounts of time wondering what the hell is going on.
- He took his vorpal sword in hand, long time his manxome foe he sought
Back to the top
- A swirling maelstrom of thought and emotion, caught in a web of breath and life. Words and thoughts forming and unforming, sound breaking like a wave on the beach of Echoes. Hands raising, blood pulsing, eyes wide to the ways of the future, doors slowly closing on the past...
Phew, for a minute there I lost myself...
Back to the top
That's all for the moment, but I'm always attempting to update the page, so if you're truly wanting to find out more about me, feel free to come back anytime. Or e-mail me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
And I know that dracolich isn't spelt with an 'e' so don't start.
[Word of the Week]
A friend in need's a friend in deed: a friend with weed is better. A friend with breasts and all the rest, a friend who's dressed in leather.